Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I also did the home spruce up worksheet from organized Christmas. I would really like to complete something on that sheet this week! Guess I'll start with finishing the paint in the boy's room. I'll have to post before and afters , as DH did a fabulous job building a bed in the eaves for DS8. I need to oil the wood on the bed, too! Sheesh-forgot about that! I'd love to do a Suessical, Mount Crumpet/Whoville theme for Christmas in there. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
I've got to do a bit more digging in the storage space, as there are a few gifts I've bought and just stuffed in there!(Not good!)
To Do(Weekend edition!)
- stitch snowflakes on apron
- take Christmas card photo
- paint in boys room
- take Christmas totes out of storage, put summer totes in storage, put Christmas totes back in storage!Phew!
I'll let you know how I make out! Happy Weekend!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Here's something tentative...(I'm so lucky my hubby can build things, too!)
- Christmas cookies gift 'basket'. This consists of a metal lunchbox I have to alter with "born to shop, forced to cook" saying on it; recipe cards scrapped with family favorites on them; a store bought apron with blue snoflakes stitched on it; and copper cookie cutters.
- 2 crokinole boards(hubby)
- recycle centre(hubby)
- 2 bedpockets with books and flashlights
- Lasagna wih garlic bread
- Chili basket packed with western hat and bandana, veggie tales movie, french onion soup bowls, corn chips and chili of course!
- Tree in a box-pine cone garland, pine cone carolers, tree topper, tree skirt, painted ornaments(rustic). Lights and tree stand.
That's it for now. I'm sure to add more baking as I finish these things up! Better get started!
Monday, October 20, 2008
- Monday- Talk to my spouse to find out what things he enjoyed most in past celebrations. This I did, and after a few strange looks(Christmas already?) I found out we agree that church service on Christmas Eve doesn't work for us, yet. (We need to give our youngest child a couple of more years)
- Tuesday- Work on Master gift list and finalize a craft list.
- Wednesday-Christmas card list (with addresses)
- Thursday-Home Spruce up list. This could take more time than I've allotted...
- Friday- inventory and gather card supplies
- Saturday and Sunday- fine tune this week's work and prepare for next week.
I guess the Christmas bug is quite contagious, as I recieved an excited call from my niece, after she left. She had picked up a gift for my son and that was one more checkmark on her list! Way to Go!
Hope to post my craft list tomorrow evening! See you then!