Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I also did the home spruce up worksheet from organized Christmas. I would really like to complete something on that sheet this week! Guess I'll start with finishing the paint in the boy's room. I'll have to post before and afters , as DH did a fabulous job building a bed in the eaves for DS8. I need to oil the wood on the bed, too! Sheesh-forgot about that! I'd love to do a Suessical, Mount Crumpet/Whoville theme for Christmas in there. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
I've got to do a bit more digging in the storage space, as there are a few gifts I've bought and just stuffed in there!(Not good!)
To Do(Weekend edition!)
- stitch snowflakes on apron
- take Christmas card photo
- paint in boys room
- take Christmas totes out of storage, put summer totes in storage, put Christmas totes back in storage!Phew!
I'll let you know how I make out! Happy Weekend!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Here's something tentative...(I'm so lucky my hubby can build things, too!)
- Christmas cookies gift 'basket'. This consists of a metal lunchbox I have to alter with "born to shop, forced to cook" saying on it; recipe cards scrapped with family favorites on them; a store bought apron with blue snoflakes stitched on it; and copper cookie cutters.
- 2 crokinole boards(hubby)
- recycle centre(hubby)
- 2 bedpockets with books and flashlights
- Lasagna wih garlic bread
- Chili basket packed with western hat and bandana, veggie tales movie, french onion soup bowls, corn chips and chili of course!
- Tree in a box-pine cone garland, pine cone carolers, tree topper, tree skirt, painted ornaments(rustic). Lights and tree stand.
That's it for now. I'm sure to add more baking as I finish these things up! Better get started!
Monday, October 20, 2008
- Monday- Talk to my spouse to find out what things he enjoyed most in past celebrations. This I did, and after a few strange looks(Christmas already?) I found out we agree that church service on Christmas Eve doesn't work for us, yet. (We need to give our youngest child a couple of more years)
- Tuesday- Work on Master gift list and finalize a craft list.
- Wednesday-Christmas card list (with addresses)
- Thursday-Home Spruce up list. This could take more time than I've allotted...
- Friday- inventory and gather card supplies
- Saturday and Sunday- fine tune this week's work and prepare for next week.
I guess the Christmas bug is quite contagious, as I recieved an excited call from my niece, after she left. She had picked up a gift for my son and that was one more checkmark on her list! Way to Go!
Hope to post my craft list tomorrow evening! See you then!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Then I clipped my background paper in the clipboard to hold it in place while I traced it on my clipboard. This makes cutting easier which is what I did next. I used my cutter, but you could easily use scissors.
Next I printed my sayings on the computer and mounted them on the board. For the snowman board I took my brown ink pad and sponge and just inked the edges of the sayings to 'dirty' them up a bit and make them look more rustic.
I found an empty plastic battery container and a tin peppermint container to use to hold the numbers. they weren't very pretty so I stuck some coordinating paper on the tin to use for the snowflake numbers and I printed a reindeer on sticker paper for the battery container. I inked this to go with the rustic look of the snowman board.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Basket(one of the afore mentioned members) posted this link to some Christmas cards at Familyfun. I think this will be our design for 2008, as long as I can find the appropriate envelopes. I was looking through my craft stash of old Christmas cards (Throw them out?you've got to be kidding!) and I found one that read,'Hope you're all wrapped up in holiday fun!'. Hmmm...this led to me digging out last year's cheap Christmas paper. All I need now is alot of red ribbon and my poor little men are going to fall victim to yet another crazy photo op of Mom's staging! I'll post when I've got them sufficiently 'wrapped up in holiday fun!'
Okay-that leads to the shopping list~
1. Red ribbon(saunders in New Ross)
4. shiny paper
Monday, June 2, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I should really finalize my 'gift giving and crafting for gifts', lists. I think I'll also get my card list together and check out a picture location. Check out these Christmas Photos! So creative!